Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Digging into the Stash

So I've begun working on my stash. I've started making cat toys from the Lilly cotton that I bought last winter. So far I've made a couple of cute fish. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the pattern and I plan on posting it by Friday. To tide you over, here's a picture of one of my cats with one of the toys.


I also started the Branching Out scarf on Knitty with the marigold Misti I have. I want to save the two Misti greens, though, for a different scarf. Although, I think I'm going to make branching out in the lace weight Misti I have in dusty rose.

Seen things are pretty slow at work lately I've been able to read a lot more knitting blogs and I must say that I am feeling rather overshadowed (is that the right word?) by the quality of other knitter's blogs. I mean, they are really terrific. They have custom designed banners and little buttons. When I see these websites it makes me want to learn html!

But I must remember: my blog is just a couple of months old really. It's a little baby blog that needs to grow and develop and one day, hopefully, it'll look just as good as the other knitting blogs.

In my biggest piece of decision making news, I've decided to go to the stitch-n-bitch that takes place in Brooklyn that I haven't had the chance to go to yet. I want to take the sweater that I'm working on for my dad. I got stuck on the sleeves and I have to rip out what I've done so far and ask the girl's and guy's advice on how to read the book's instructions. I am really looking forward to it! Debbie Stoller (that's right! THE Debbie Stoller) is the moderator of the knitting online community for this particular stitch-n-bitch and, even though I don't think she goes to it anymore, it'll be cool to have actual knitting buddies. (None of my friends knit and the time I tried to teach a friend did not go well.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home